What is Polymeric Sand?
Poly sand is a high-tech mix of a properly graded sand and a binder compound (yes, it's a polymer) that is specially formulated for filling the joints of pavers and slabs. Polymeric sand was invented by Techniseal in 1999, and it has revolutionized the installation of interlocking concrete pavers. It is a sand that hardens once it is activated and has dried and yet remains flexible when it is wet. This flexibility is necessary in regions where the ground freezes and thaws repeatedly.
Benefits of Poly Sand
- Poly sand stays in the paver joints and resists erosion.
- It helps prevent weeds from growing in the joints over time.
- It prevents ants from coming up through it as well.
- The biggest benefit is that it is flexible when it's wet and is able to move with the pavers.
- It works in all paver applications and can be used in those natural stone applications with a joint width of up to 4" wide.
- Once it has fully cured, it can be power washed - carefully.
Copyright and Legal Information:
This Web Site provides product and promotional information about many different companies and their respective products. The information contained in this site is Aguiar Pavers, LLC.. All rights reserved. Images and corporate names used in this site are protected under U.S. Copyright laws and may not be distributed, copied, modified, reused, reposted, or otherwise used outside the scope of normal Web browsing without the express permission of the respective companies. Although descriptions are believed to be correct, accuracy of this site, or any outside sites linked cannot be guaranteed.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
THE LINKS IN THIS SITE WILL LET YOU LEAVE AGUIAR PAVERS SITE. THE LINKED SITES ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF AGUIAR PAVERS AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS OF ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE. AGUIAR PAVERS IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY AGUIAR PAVERS OF THEIR SITE.